On 04/06/2011, Daniel Gonzalez <spammesi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This was asked a while back and this was the response:
>
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Sam Wun <swun2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes, this is a well setup project, I want to see it to be continued .
>
> Dear guys,
> thank you for your support. At the moment I have not time to spend on
> FreeSBIE because I'm working on the thesis for my M.Sc.
> I think FreeSBIE was a succesful project and can even be improved in
> the future. If anyone has any suggestions, I ask him to send them
> here, please (patches are really appreciated). I have no time to work
> on it now, but in the future..who knows. =)
> Thank you again
> Best regards
> --
> Matteo Riondato
> FreeBSD Committer (http://www.freebsd.org)
> G.U.F.I. Staff Member (http://www.gufi.org)
> FreeSBIE Developer (http://www.freesbie.org
>
> ---------------------------
> Dan Gonzalez
> spammesi...@gmail.com
> AIM: signulth
>

> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Bret Busby <bret.bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I have recently found of the existence of FreeSBIE.
>>
>> In trying to download a copy of FreeSBIE, with, I understand, version
>> 2.0.1 being the latest current stable version, using the links on the
>> web page at http://www.freesbie.org/downloads.php, I found the
>> following links to be broken.
>>
>> Under the heading FTP sites:
>>
>> # ftp.freesbie.org
>> # ftp2.freesbie.org
>> # ftp.ca.freesbie.org
>>
>> Under the heading HTTP sites:
>>
>> * ftp.freesbie.org
>>
>> So, is FreeSBIE still available, or, has it been abandoned?
>>
>> >From what I have read, no messages, and, no updates, appear to have
>> been posted, for about a year, and I am wondering whether the project
>> has been abandoned.
>>
>> Thank you in anticipation, for your response.
>>
>> --
>> Bret Busby
>> Armadale
>> West Australia
>>
>> "So once you do know what the question actually is,
>>  you'll know what the answer means."
>> - Deep Thought,
>>  Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
>>  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
>>  A Trilogy In Four Parts",
>>  written by Douglas Adams,
>>  published by Pan Books, 1992

The last posting I saw by that person, was from about January of
February f last year, where he advised that he was moving away to work
on a PhD, and so would not be able to work on the project for a while.

That was why I had asked whether the project was still active - I had
assumed that someone else may have taken over from him, to continue
the project.

Thank you for your response, anyway.

--
Bret Busby