hi dan,

if you use bbregister to match the DTI b0 to freesurfer space, then you can
transform the surface back (no guarantees on the tesselations though i
think). the only additional component here would be a tkr transform that's
based on the conformed space. i might even have some python code lying
around to do this. i'll take a look.

cheers,

satra