Hi Chistina,

the aseg.stats has all that information. You can create a table from all
subjects with asegstats2table . It will also contain the ICV (probably
called eTIV or something like that). And you can use it in your model,
which is probably the best approach.

Cheers, Martin

On 01/24/2016 02:58 PM, Christina van den Brink wrote:
> Hi Bruce (and the freesurfer community),
>
> Thanks for your reply! Would it be possible to get more details on the
> process of how I might go about correcting these volumes myself? It would be
> ideal if I had the volumes prior to entering it into my statistical model
> (and thus I’d prefer not to use head size as a regressor if possible). When
> you say ‘dividing it out’, is this simply taking the regional volumes and
> dividing it by eTIV to obtain a proportion? What are the downsides to
> approaching it in this manner vs. using it as a regressor?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Christina
>

>> On Jan 11, 2016, at 12:46 PM, Bruce Fischl <fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Christina
>>
>> we don't correct any volumes for head size - we just provide the information
>> for you to do it yourself. I think including it as a regressor is more
>> common than dividing it out, but perhaps others can comment.
>>
>> cheers
>> Bruce
>> On Mon, 11 Jan 2016, Christina van den Brink wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I have a question regarding volume-correction for the morphometry stats
>>> obtained via recon-all. I’ve noted that eTIV is derived using the atlas
>>> scaling factor in order to account for head size. I’m wondering whether the
>>> other volumes given, e.g. TotalGray or lhCorticalWhiteMatter, have also been
>>> corrected for head size? If not, is there a recommended method in which to
>>> do so so that regional volumes can be compared between participants?
>>> Many thanks for your help!
>>> Best,
>>> Christina
>>

>> The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is
>> addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail
>> HelpLine at
>> http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
>> error
>> properly
>> dispose of the e-mail.

Martin Reuter, PhD
Assistant Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Assistant Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School
A.A.Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital
Research Affiliate, CSAIL, MIT
Phone: +1-617-724-5652
Web  : http://reuter.mit.edu