I think its referring to the hard disk space in the virtual machine. You
probably ran out which is not surprising, as the amount of free space
provided with the disk image is fairly small. The fact the your host
machine has 305Gb of HD on the host machine is unknown to the virtual
machine.

See if you can expand the hard disk space of the virtual machine (not
sure if this is adjustable or not). Also, try setting up a shared folder
between the two (this has other potential issues, but is worth trying).

-Zeke