Would a feasible approach be to set up a dual-boot on my PC so that I can boot
directly into either a Windows or Linux environment?

-----Original Message-----
From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Z K
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 12:53 PM
To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] recon-all exited with ERRORS

I was afraid this was the case. Normally in this situation I would say set up a
shared folder between the host and the virtual machines. But unfortunately
there is a known bug in the the MNI tools shipped with freesurfer which makes
this an incompatible arrangement.

The disk space was assigned to allow perhaps a few subjects worth of data onto
the virtual image, otherwise the download size would have been prohibitively
large. If you want to process numerous subjects the VirtualBox version is
insuffiecient, you will have to use the Mac or Linux version.