Dear Doug,

From the curvature file of the ROI (selected portion of surface), we extract
the volume using this 2 command lines:

mri_binarize --i $D_load/lh_masked_all.curv --max -.0000001 --o
$D_load/lh_masked_all_bin.mgh
mri_segstats --seg $D_load/lh_masked_all_bin.mgh --id 1 --i
$SUBJECTS_DIR/$subj/surf/lh.volume --accumulate --sum
$D_load/lh_masked_all_bin.txt

From the label file of the same ROI, we extract the volume using the following
command line:
mris_anatomical_stats -l
$SUBJECTS_DIR/$subj/label/labelsAtlas2009/lh_masked_all.label -f
$outD/lh_masked_all_Volume $subj lh

As the '.curv' file and the '.label' file represent the same ROI, we were
expecting to get the same volume (total gray matter volume of the selected
portion of surface). But the results using the first method are always about 3
time higher than using the second method.

We would like to understand what is going on, because for some selected
portions of ROI we just have the '.curv' file to extract the volume from.

Thank you very much for your help!

​Best regards,
Josue