Hi,

Yes, I am trying to use skull stripping from another package, since -gcut
option did not work on our data for appropriate skull stripping, and as a
result there is too much pial matter included as white matter.

a) Is brainmask.mgz an appropriate input file for recon-all -all? for
example, should I run
"recon-all -all -i brainmask.mgz -s SB001" ?
or, am I still using the original .dcm file as input, and merely putting a
copy of my skull stripped brain into the SUB/mri directory that was created
in the previous processing attempt?

b) I am not understanding why i will still run skull stripping in the
script here, if it is already done. Is the brainmask.auto.mgz generated
just another duplicate copy that will be ignored for the actual
segmentations? Will this still perform intensity normalization and other
auto-recon1 steps normally?

Thank you,
Michelle

--