$>freeview -v \    bert/mri/T1.mgz \    bert/mri/wm.mgz \
bert/mri/brainmask.mgz \    bert/mri/aseg.mgz:colormap=lut:opacity=0.2
mri_read(): couldn't determine type of file
/media/hessam91/driver2/freesurfer/freesurfer/subjects/
MRIread failed: Unable to read from
/media/hessam91/driver2/freesurfer/freesurfer/subjects/
mri_read(): couldn't determine type of file
/media/hessam91/driver2/freesurfer/freesurfer/subjects/

I use the example 4 in the "download and install" page of site