Dear FS experts:
     I am writting to ask for help about the computation of global mean
thickness. On the FAQ page, one suggestion is that the global mean thickness is
equal to the (lh.thickness*lh.surfarea + rh.thickness.rh.surfarea) /
(lh.surfarea+rh.surfarea). I am wondering how the ?h.thickness and ?h.surfarea
are calculated.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Thanks for your time.

Best