Hi,

I have a strange issue I can't figure out. I am currently trying to use the
parcellation from Gordon et al. 2014 (download link
here<http://www.nil.wustl.edu/labs/petersen/Resources.html>) to create ROIs for
the frontoparietal network. They provided a volume of the parcellation in
MNI152 space for public use. I took this volume and applied the mri_vol2surf
command to it to create 2 overlays of the parcels, 1 for each hemisphere. The
code was:

mri_vol2surf --mov Parcels_MNI_111.nii --trgsubject fsaverage --mni152reg --o
lh.Parcels_fsaverage_111.mgh --hemi lh

mri_vol2surf --mov Parcels_MNI_111.nii --trgsubject fsaverage --mni152reg --o
rh.Parcels_fsaverage_111.mgh --hemi rh

The code ran, but the LH parcels in the volume were transferred to the RH on
the surface and vice versa. This is a problem since the parcellation is not
symmetric across hemispheres.This is not a problem with the volume either as I
looked at it overlayed with the MNI152 brain in fslview and saw that the
parcels were on the correct hemisphere. Another problem is that 1 of the
frontoparietal parcels, number 24, was not found on the surface of either
hemisphere after turning it to a surface. I don't know why this would be the
case since there are all cortical parcels.

I have also tried this with a volume ROI that is only located on the left
hemisphere. After running essentially the same vol2surf command as above, the
ROI only appeared on the RH surface. I am using mri_vol2surf from Freesurfer
v6.0.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Best,
Matthew Defenderfer

Matthew K. Defenderfer B.S. | Graduate Research Assistant

Graduate Biomedical Sciences | Neuroscience

UAB | The University of Alabama at Birmingham

Laboratory of Kristina Visscher, PhD

Department of Neurobiology

CIRC 111 | C: (865) 805-6389