An epiphany lead me to the solution to the problem, which I shall post here
since I am apparently due to experience it again in 2019.
The NAN values in the GLM matrices were the result of there being a condition
that did not appear in any of the .par files across all of the runs. Once these
files were edited so that all of conditions 1, 2 and 3 appeared somewhere among
these files, selxavg3-sess was able to run.

* Chris McNorgan
* Assistant Professor
* Department of Psychology
* University at Buffalo,