Dear Freesurfer experts,

I am writing to ask how to do the surface-based inter-hemispheric registration
based on the customised template, instead of fsaverage.

I am planning to calculate the lateralisation index for each vertex, which
means I should to use the symmetry template, for example, fsaverage_sym.
However, the current issue is my participants are children. Therefore it would
be better to put the individual data to the customised average template, which
is already created by ANTS in my case. So I was wondering how to perform the
symmetry registration on this created template?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Ting