Dear fellow colleagues,

in my study I use volumetric source spaces. In the process of creating
them, I decided to identify all available volumelabels FreeSurfer
"recognized" in the given mri image.

Every single subject inherits, despite all other volumelabels, a
volumelabel called "Unknown". In an 3D representation of those "unknown"
volumelabel coordinates I opine those points could also be part of other
volumelabels like cerebral cortex or white matter.

Would you please give me a detailed explanation of the origin of this
'Unknown' label? Specifically in respect to the fsaverage "subject".

Best regards,

Daniel van de Velden