Hello FreeSurfer Developers,

I am trying to follow the diffusion processing pipeline describe in this
tutorial:
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FsTutorial/DiffusionV6.0#dMRIDataAnalysisProcessingStream

However, I keep getting an error when using dt_recon. For background, my
input is 1700 dicom images. The code seems to run the Eddy/Motion Correct
part. Once it reaches Fitting Tensors, I get the following messages:

----------------------

Creating output directory

/mnt/c/Users/leonardo/Desktop/UMD/Linux-Windows/Hedyeh/MIDA_dtrecon

/mnt/c/Users/leonardo/Desktop/UMD/Linux-Windows/Hedyeh/MIDA_dtrecon/dwi-ec.nii.gz

   ... done reading.

MatrixReadTxT: could not scan value [1][1]

WARNING: matlab elment type is 1885959265, which is not a matrix.

could not allocate 542270823 x 539828311 matrix

Cannot allocate memory

unsupported matlab format -1066407936 (unknown)

Cannot allocate memory

Permission denied

I saw a previous post with a similar error, however there was no answer to
it:
https://www.mail-archive.com/freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/msg56652.html.
My computer has almost 20 GB of free space, so there should be space for
the resulting files to be created.

Freesurfer version: freesurfer-Linux-centos6_x86-stable-pub-v6.0.0-2beb96c

Platform: Linux (Ubuntu) subsystem for Window 10

Thank you,

Noriana Jakopin