Dear freesurfers

my study aims to measure volumetric differences between patients X and
controls. As dependent variables, I have (i) a-priori ROIs and (ii) global
brain measures (total gm, total wm and CFS). In the ROIs analysis, I use eTVI
to control for for head size variability. Now my question is: should I control
for head size when measuring overall brain atrophy? Theoretically speaking I'm
not sure . Practically speaking there is a high positive correlation (as
expected) between global brain measures and eTVI in my sample so I think it
wouldn't be correct to use eTVI. But still, is global atrophy affected by head
size? should I control for it?

Second quick question: I'm planning to replicate the analysis measuring
thickness differences. Should I control for tot mean thickness then?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gloria