You should read the FDR paper for more detail. But the FDR is the number of false positives relative to the total number of positives. The way it is interpreted is that when you look at an image, 5% of the voxels above threshold are false. You don't know which 5%. If the 5% came out of a big blob, probably you would not change your conclusion about that blob. If there were a few single voxels that were above threshold, you probably don't want to write your paper around it.