I suppose you could look for voxels that outside of the cortex and adjacent to it
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018, John Anderson wrote:

        External Email - Use Caution

Dear Dr Bruce,

Thank you for the response. Indeed, I was completely wrong, these represent a
pathology and should
not correct for!

Kindly, I have one additional question not relevant to the subject of this
email. Is there any way
in Freesurfer to create mask for the regions between the sulcuses. I want to
compute PET signal in
these regions and normalize for it.

Thank you so much!
John

Hi John

why do you want to correct for them? They likely represent a pathological
process, so correcting for
them may remove whatever effects you are looking for, no? The space between the
sulci and the
ventricle volume won't directly affect surface-based analysis, but of course
the sulcal widening
likely reflects cortical atrophy that will be

 cheers

Bruce