From:  "Bruce Fischl"<fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>;
Date:  Sun, Nov 18, 2018 00:10 AM
To:  "Freesurfer support list"<freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>;
Subject:  Re: [Freesurfer] Modify defect failed

Hi yujunjie

the last entry in the log file is:

CORRECTING DEFECT 5 (vertices=53772, convex hull=1434, v0=15308)
XL defect detected...

this is a giant defect - about 1/4 of your total surface. It means that
something major went wrong - skull attached, or hemis connected or
something. You should look at the rh.orig.nofix and the
rh.inflated.nofix surfaces to see what it is.

On Sat, 17
Nov 2018, 1013364183 wrote:

>  External Email - Use Caution
>
> Dear FS,
>  I ran the recon-all command and it failed to fix it for many days when I
fixed the defect. I have
> modified the threshold of the split algorithm. I want to know if there are
other ways to fix the
Its