Von: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> Im Auftrag von Martin Reuter
Gesendet: Montag, 13. Mai 2019 12:56
An: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Betreff: Re: [Freesurfer] Longitudinal processing

Hi Falk,

yes, the output of long_mris_slopes and long_stats_slopes is in percent
(100 * rate / value_of_fit_at_mid_time).

Also running 1mm data is different (as you know :-) from .8 so maybe you would
analyze both separately, e.g. creating one base on 1mm time points and another
on the .8mm ?

If you re-scan in short time interals (and if these are young and healthy, then
even for mid to long intervals), you would not expect anatomical aging effects.
Then the variance is probably mainly acquisition noise (e.g. induced by motion
etc, see eg
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25498430) plus some processing noise
(different surface placement etc). Maybe there are also hydration effects (see
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26381562 ).

Best, Martin