External Email - Use Caution

Hello Vasudev,
I think in January of 2018 it was possible to build the development branch of
the freesurfer tree using cuda 5.  But I believe that was the last version
we tried building the source with.  We no longer support building with
cuda and instead favor using OpenMP..  Part of this is because of cuda’s
dependencies on the Nvidia graphics hardware which is a moving target.
Some vendors have essentially stopped supporting Nvidia graphics card drivers,
e.g., Apple as of Mac OS 10.14 onward.  The Freesurfer dev branch source
is now compiled with C++ compilers, and
 I don’t know that anyone has tried building with cuda since we changed
the compilers for freesurfer.
- R.

On Aug 30, 2019, at 11:39, Dev vasu
<vasudevamurthy.devulapa...@gmail.com>
wrote:        External Email - Use
Caution        Dear all,Does recon_all
-use-gpu only works for CUDA 5.0, is there any way to make it work for CUDA
mailing
listfreesur...@nmr.mgh.harvard.eduhttps://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/mailman/listinfo/freesurfer