External Email - Use Caution

Dear FS experts,

I want to upload neuroimaging data pre-processed by FreeSurfer's recon-all
pipeline to a consortium server, and they require all data to be anonymized.

I found mri_deface [1] and wondered which files I would have to apply it to,
and whether there are any other things I should be aware of.

So far, my plan is to use mri_deface to replace, for each subject, the
following files in mri/:

* orig.mgz
* orig_nu.mgz
* T1.mgz
* rawavg.mgz

It would also be an option to upload only a subset of all the files produced by
FreeSurfer, but I do not know which files to exclude and include, so if you
have suggestions for this, it would also be very welcome. I will also look at
some public datasets to see how they did it.

[1] https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/mri_deface

--
Dr. Tim Schäfer
Postdoc Computational Neuroimaging