Hi Melissa,

You can now measure the length of a path on surfaces in the development version of freeview. You can download the dev build here:

https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/UpdateFreeview

On the surface panel, click on "Path/Custom Fill" icon and draw the path. Then hold the shift and move your mouse cursor over on the path, you should see the length of the path on the Info panel at the bottom.

Best,

Ruopeng