External Email - Use Caution

Hello all,

I've got a scan with an abnormally high Left-Hippocampus volume (based on the
measurement in the aseg.stats file).

much matter has been labelled as Left-Hippocampus. I'd like to replace the
extra Left-Hippocampus with Left-Cerebral-White-Matter. Is it sufficient to
simply draw Left-Cerebral-White-Matter directly on top of the Left-Hippocampus
voxels I want to replace (using the Voxel edit tool)?

I also need the Left-Hippocampus volume measurement in the aseg.stats file to
be updated after my edits. Presumably I need to rerun recon-all from a certain
point to achieve this, but I'm not sure from which point.

Also, is editing aparc+aseg.mgz is the correct way to go about this? There are
many other files (such as lh.hippoSfLabels-T1.v10.mgz) that also visualize the
hippocampus and also show the excessive left hippocampus labeling, so maybe I
need to edit those instead. I suppose this question boils down to which file
aseg.stats bases its measurements off of.

voxels of whatever other structure I want in its place?
-Which file should I edit if I want the volume measurements in aseg.stats to be
updated?
-After I make my edit, from what point should I rerun recon-all to have
aseg.stats updated accordingly?

Any help is greatly appreciated.