From: <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of "Fischl, Bruce"
<bfis...@mgh.harvard.edu>
Reply to: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Date: Tuesday, 23 March 2021 at 15:45
To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Some brain area missing after running recon-all

Hi Stef

It’s really hard to say without seeing the data. We do have a topology fixing
tutorial you can go through. If most of the wm.mgz is correct you likely need
to find the source of the defect and correct it. You can load the
?h.defect_labels onto the ?h.orig.nofix and/or ?h.inflated.nofix to see where
the defective vertices are. Make sure to set the overlay thresholds to 0 so you
can see all of them!
Bruce