Dear FreeSurfer team,

We are investigating if there is a difference in cortical thicknesses between
persons with a condition and controls, regressing out the effect of site, sex,
age, but have some concerns on how to specify our contrasts. We don’t think
that the age-slopes will be different between the patients and the controls but
would like to check that formally using DODS before trying DOSS. Currently, we
have only one female control from two of the sites and are left with 10 instead
of 12 classes. Would be very grateful if you have time to check that we’ve got
this right.

Also, when we want to check for interactions between class and age to see if we
can use DOSS instead, is the attached “interactionmatrix” correct? I’ve looked
at the tutorials and this
example<https://www.mail-archive.com/freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/msg49602.html>,
 but tried to adapt it to our situation. If we do find an interaction, would
that cluster then show up on the cluster summary in the glmdir-folder?

Thank you and sorry for all the questions, just wanting to make sure we are
doing this correctly.

Kind regards,

Carl Trolle
Research Fellow
Spaulding Neuroimaging Lab

FreeSurfer version: freesurfer-linux-centos7_x86_64-7.1.1-20200723-8b40551
Platform: CentOS Stream 8

GroupDescriptorFile 1
Title MyStudy
#Class HC_female_site1
Class P_female_site1
Class HC_male_site1
Class P_male_site1
#Class HC_female_site2
Class P_female_site2
Class HC_male_site2
Class P_male_site2
Class HC_female_site3
Class P_female_site3
Class HC_male_site3
Class P_male_site3
Variables Age
Input subject1 HC_female_site1 21
Input subject2 P_female_site1 34
Input subject3 P_female_site2 55
Input subject4 P_male_site3 89
 -0.167 0.25 -0.167 -0.167 0.25 -0.167 0.25 -0.167 0.25 -0.167 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0
 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -0.167 0.25 -0.167 -0.167 0.25 -0.167 0.25 -0.167 0.25
-0.167