I am more than sure there is probably plenty of room for conference
optimizations it's just a big task.
We don't have a test labbed up and an urgency to work on it.  If you really
want us to pursue trying to improve the performance perhaps you can contact
us at consult...@freeswitch.org and provide us with access your test
environment and let us investigate the possibility of making improvements.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm