Thanks Glen and Steve for spotting this unused code.  I have #ifdef-ed
out the currently unused code.  I'd like to keep it in there, although
unused at present.  The algorithm is described in chapter 4 (I think) of
my thesis if anyone is interested in how it works.

Guys - in future a patch would be much appreciated rather than written
instructions - makes it much easier from my side.

Thanks,

David