Hello Phil,

This masking series of posts are where I am at with 700C:

   http://www.rowetel.com/?p=5245

As per the last para of that post, next step is some refactoring of
Octave/C code to start pulling the prototype Octave code together into
something we can run in real time over real channels.

General C-style programming skills required with a willingness to learn
how to at least read Octave.  I'll give you plenty of help.

Just contact me off list if you are interested.

Cheers,

David