Hi Marko,

Just repeat the last (or maybe next) packet. My tests indicate a PER of 10% to be the limit for useful speech quality.

- David

On 12/04/18 06:46, Marko Milutinovic wrote:
Hello,

What is the best way to deal with packet loss when using Codec2? For example if I send out 10 (1-10) packets and on the receiving side I get 1,6,7,8,9 (after buffering) what would be the best way to minimize noise?

Do I just sequentially decode the packets I have received and plug in NULL audio in between or is there something else that can be done to interpolate?

Thanks,

Marko