Hi all,

We're all 'Jack Of All Trades" right, and duplexers, particularly for 2m are a
problem....

Here is a surplus UHF set from a VK5 site, yes 3/4 wave @ 70cm, perfect for 2m

Using commercial surplus gear is "our speciality".

Coupling loop progress:

Higher freq pass

Lower freq pass

TNC connectors because two N connectors won't fit in the cavity access hole.

I can only get 32db notch depth with a single N and the series loop and cap
design.

The above do 35db or so. (measured by my Wiltron 640)

See: http://www.repeater-builder.com/projects/coupling-loop-research.html

===== Now here's the tricky bit ==============

Notice my coupling loops have a Large Area and a two & half turn loop.

"Why is it so?"  -- Julius Sumner-Miller

It makes it so so much easier to adjust the pass-to-notch spacing.

Where is this discussed anywhere else?

73 - does anybody actually have this valve?

Alan VK2ZIW

Evil flourishes when good men do nothing.
Consider the Christmas child.
Alan Beard               Unix Support Technician from 1984 to today
70 Wedmore Rd.           Sun Solaris, AIX, HP/UX, Linux, SCO, MIPS
Emu Heights N.S.W. 2750  Routers, terminal servers, printers, terminals etc..
+61 2 47353013 (h)       Support Programming, shell scripting, "C", assembler
0414 353013 (mobile)     After uni, electronics tech