Hi David,

I read your article with interest. I'm curious your efforts and how it
scales for a normal person as opposed to a huge internet company.
If I read the conclusions correctly, in order to achieve similar voice
faithfulness as 8 kHz PCM, it seems that one needs to have a huge
amount of training data to represent possible words and utterances. I
admit I know nothing of this neural network thing, but to me it looks
like there is no way to achieve similar quality for every possible
amateur radio person who might decide to use it unless all the other
users have recordings of the same thing he is trying to say.
Now this approach might work reasonably well for Wavenet since they
have access one way ort another to a huge amount of voice samples to
train their network.

How does this scale for normal hams though? Do each of us need a huge
GPU and voice samples to even be able to use this? I am afraid that
this might have even less success with hams than current FreeDV
releases.

Best regards,
Adrian