Hi David,

Thanks for the kind words!
I had looked at LPCNet before, but on the Mozilla repo when J.M. Valin made
the announcements on xiph.org.
Does your variant of LPCNet only support the 1733 bit/s rate? The Mozilla
one is 1600 bits/s which makes it a bit easier for me to use as I don't
have to adjust the frame header parameters. I'm a bit wary of neural
networks as it seems their performance highly depends on the quality and
amount of training data while Codec2 does not.
I have read an article recently claiming that the median amount of
information transferred with human voice is about 39 bits/s. This seems off
by an order of magnitude to me, but if they are right it means a lot of
improvement can still be made on the vocoders.

Best regards,
Adrian