Thanks David,

I listened at 5:30AM this morning to your presentation.

Well done.

The ionosphere can give a HF transmitter massive coverage
far exceeding the coverage of any VHF/UHF terrestrial repeater.

But, this does not help with medium distance two-way communications.

OH YES IT DOES, place a REPEATER at the above transmitter site.

With "digital voice" two problems for a repeater are solved:

1) Is the signal valid? . . . . . . . . . . Presence of specific sync.
2) Does the signal want to be repeated? . . Embedded data with the voice.

I see this as so so important, visionary.