It's unfortunate that they didn't compare to LPCnet which would be the
nearest comparable tech.

Opus at 6kbps is really pushing it to the breaking point (at least
with the current encoder).

The results sound very impressive... though now I want to hear a
700bps version-- that's below the point that is probably interesting
for realtime use on the internet (except in VoIP trunks) due to
packetization overheads, but would still be very useful for radio and
stored audio use.