OK, I re-created the original github repo with the corrected bps numbers now.

https://github.com/brian-smith-github/tsac_low_bitrate_examples

Not quite the Holy Grail of speech compression I was hoping for, but reasonable quality for the bitrates involved and it's a general-purpose codec, not specifically speech-focussed.