Steve Langasek a écrit :
Ok.  I don't suppose you have any sort of ETA for a release that includes
this ABI compatibility?  I understand the desire to avoid an ABI transition,
but from my POV the delays in settling on a final ABI are much more
problematic than the details of what that ABI would be; an ABI change in
freetype would be unpleasant but manageable for Debian, whereas the current
situation of ABI-change-without-name-change that we have with 2.1.10 already
in unstable means we have serious bugs that we basically can't do anything
about until you guys make your move.

I'd love to release something this week, but we need to ensure that it works reasonnably well on a few distributions first. For now, I had success on Ubuntu Hoary 5.10 and Mandrake 9.2 installs, but I clearly
won't have the time (and disk space) to test more than a few distros.

That's why they'll probably be one or more "release candidates" before the official one. I hope to upload one tomorrow. We'd appreciate if you could test it as soon as possible on Sarge and testing.

Regards,

- David

Thanks,

Information contained in this email message is confidential and may be
privileged, and is intended only for use of the individual or entity named
above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are
in error, please immediately notify the [EMAIL PROTECTED] and destroy the