> Question for the FT developers : why was this seed calculation
> implemented this way ? And not e.g. a fixed start value associated
> with each FT_Face created ? That would make FT output reproducable
> (and testable for detecting regressions).

I have no idea. :-) Patches are welcome.  Up to now I've never seen a
real PS font which actually uses random numbers for defining its
shape, so this is really a minor issue, necessary only to test the CFF
`random' operator (and similar stuff in other PS flavours).  BTW, if
you have such a font I would be glad if you can send it to me offline
for my font test collection.

    Werner