I think you can pack the bin better if you start from the largest
size. There is tons of empty space at the bottom that could easily be
filled with small glyphs. Or go bottom-up for more natural fill. In
other words, I bet you can pack more glyphs into 512x512.

I am not sure I understood how you do subpixel positioning from the texture.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 6:55 AM, Nicolas Rougier
<nicolas.roug...@inria.fr> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> You might be interested in the following code that allow to render freetype
> font using OpenGL with quite good quality (IMHO):
> http://code.google.com/p/freetype-gl/
>

> There are examples for "infinite" zoom, subpixel positioning, gamma
> correction...
> I got most ideas from the antigrain library:
> http://www.antigrain.com/research/font_rasterization/
> (the "demo-atg-agg.c" tries to reproduce the truetype_test from this
> article)
>
> Nicolas

Alexei A. Podtelezhnikov, PhD