On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Werner LEMBERG <w...@gnu.org> wrote:

> I fear that support for the various vertical metrics components is
> severely broken in FreeType.  In particular, values are computed
> differently for different font formats.  To fix this for all font
> formats ...

First we need to fix it for CFF first, where the problem was reported. We'l
deal with other formats later based on this example.

The docs say that the bearings are defined by CBox (
http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/glyphs/glyphs-3.html) and this is
what the code in cffgload.c does for horizontal layout. I do not understand
why it gets crafty for vertBeraingX and forgets about vertBearingY
altogether. I would just set it to CBox values according to the definition,
but I sense a trap because the pictures in the doc show that the origin is
different for different layouts. Does CBox depend on the layout as well? It
looks like it should. Thoughts?