On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 3:35 PM Alexei Podtelezhnikov <apodt...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> *inline*
> Freetype smooth rasterizer is very nested. I seems to me that gcc
> selects some inlining scheme. Does anyone know how to check this? I
> would like to have some control over inlining, which can be useful for
> performance tuning.

With -O2, it only considers functions declared inline, very small functions
and functions called once. With -O3, any function can be inlined. In any
case, functions may not be inlined.

Functions with __attribute__((always_inline)) are always inlined.
Functions with __attribute_((noinline)) are never inlined.

> Anyway, I am for the jump to C99 in 2.8.

I think MSVC is still not fully C99-compliant. long long should be there,
though.