Hi,

as suggested by Werner, I currently look into using outlines as a (considerably
faster) means to detect rendering regressions. I do understand that the
outlines of glyphs should definitely be checked. However, I wonder if it is
enough to guarantee "no rendering regressions" by just comparing the outlines
and without checking the rendered bitmaps?

To get a feeling for that matter, it would help me to understand where most
changes of FreeType happen and where versions differ the most. Concretely: is
the outline-to-bitmap algorithm definitive and final or is it subject to
(probably subtle) changes every now and then?

Thanks for your input and have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Armin