> * I sometimes put `meta' comments into square brackets.  [Like this.]
>   Such comments (in the FreeType headers) should not become links.

Text inside one square bracket will not become a link. This requires
another line specifying the URL to be a qualified link:
   Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, [consectetur] adipiscing elit.
   [consectetur]: savannah.nongnu.org

Even something like `[hello][world]' won't become a link
without a `[world]: <URL>' line.

> * I'm not a big fan of having the links at separate places.  This
>   means that my preferred solution is `[...](...)' in the header
>   files.  The other solutions should be used for special cases only
>   (like tables that would become badly formatted in the header files
>   otherwise).

The plan is to retain `@Foo' in the header files, and change this
to [Foo](bar.md#Foo) in the markdown files. The converter
(MkDocs, for example) can handle the linking when converting
to HTML.

I have made this clearer in the draft.
(
https://github.com/nikramakrishnan/freetype-docs/wiki/Feature-Draft-of-the-FreeType-Markdown-Documentation#proposed-usage-1
)

> * Regarding the table format, I would like to re-format all entries of
>   the form
>
>     @Input:
>       pathname   :: A path to the font file.
>
>       face_index :: See @FT_Open_Face for a detailed description of this
>                     parameter.

>     @Input:
>       pathname ::
>         A path to the font file.
>
>       face_index ::
>         See @FT_Open_Face for a detailed description of this
>         parameter.
>
>   so that we avoid the vertical alignment of `::', making it easier to
>   add new fields.

 OK, will take note of this.

--
Nikhil