> >> Actually I want to extract the file pointer from the input stream.
> >> For this I initially used (FILE*)stream->descriptor.pointer to get
> >> the pointer but it did not allocate the pointer and gave a
> >> segmentation fault with fseek.
>
> >Don't use FreeType internals outside of the library.  Look into the
> >FreeType demo file `src/ftcommon.c' for an example of file handling.

OK. But I am not using this outside the library but in the driver itself.

>> I then did an explicit fopen on the filename later and my code ran
> >> properly.
>
> >This sounds like the right solution.
>
>> Now the problem is that I cannot extract file pointer from the
> >> stream.
>
> >Why do you need it?  What problem do you want to solve?

I just need the file pointer outside the stream to extract the font
specific values
from the font file. The problem which I am facing is that the `
stream->descriptor.pointer`
is not returning a correct pointer to the file and thus causing errors. I
tried finding
the error in the FT_Stream_Open function but could not find the problem.
And using fopen explicitly twice might create errors later. Can you suggest
a better
way to get the file pointer from the input stream?

> Also, if STREAM_FILE is already defined to be used to ease the
> > process, then why is it showing undefined symbol?
>
> >Again: It is a macro, only *locally* defined (in `ftsystem.c').  If
> >you use it in another file, the compiler treats it as an undefined
> >symbol.

Ok. Now I get that. Thanks.

--
Parth