> > Ok, then I have a pretty clear idea about how to accomplish it, I
> > will create some API functions in the `tfm' driver's service code
> > which will be used in the `gf', `pk' and `vf' drivers to extract the
> > tfm data.
>
> Please have a look how AFM files are attached to Type 1 fonts; it
> basically does the same, namely to add more metric information.  I
> suggest that you use this as a template.

If we use this as a template, then there is no need to have a separate TFM
driver, as VFlib's TFM driver only provides functions to extract the TFM
metric data for the `vf' format, which we can constitute like in the `afm'
files.
Although, this driver computes some glyph metric data using this tfm data,
which essentially draws some glyph only having bounding box. I am
confused like if we proceed with the `afm' style should there
be TFM driver or not? Please help.

Thank you

Parth