> As I see it, there are going to be two types of users of the OT-SVG
> feature:
>
> 1. Who don't really care about which library will be used to render
>    OT-SVG glyphs.
> 2. Who are interested in plugging some specific library.

Exactly.

> For 2, yes, there is the burden of writing the hooks and it is an
> intensive task.  But that's the cost of plugging in other libraries.
> For popular libraries like `resvg', `librsvg' and `svgnative' I am
> going to write the hooks myself (I already have, just need to update
> them), and the users can use those.

Ideally, your `port' stuff should become part of those SVG libraries.
On the other hand, the maintainers might argue similarly as I do,
namely that it is not the job of the SVG libraries to take care of
other libraries...

So: I can imagine to put your non-default ports into a separate git
repository (perhaps under https://github.com/freetype); developers
then simply copy the necessary files into their projects.

> With your Add/Remove module idea, there will be a similar burden,
> the only difference would be, we would have covered that burden
> ourselves for the popular libraries.

Exactly!  For this reason I don't want this approach.

> About the documentation, yes, I am working on it.

Thanks!

    Werner