That sounds very good.

Personally I'd be very happy to see the header inclusion macros gone where
possible, because they confuse both users and IDEs. I would also be very
happy to see meson support, because it seems to be gaining usage nicely and
I do find it nicer than CMake.

I'd be a bit sad if CMake support would go away if there was no meson
support, however with meson support I would not care that much about CMake.

One of the features with both CMake and meson I find useful is ability to
use other projects as subprojects, directly in source form, often as
git(hub) submodules. This makes it easy to quickly navigate to the source
of everything in the IDE. Another benefit is that you can use latest
version of the library, perhaps your own fork with pull requests pending,
without having to install anything on your system.