I agree with Alexei that it's probably a good idea to start writing a
prototype with whatever language / format you feel the more fluent first so
we can look at the algorithms and the outputted data.
This can later be rewritten into something more FreeType-specific (e.g.
fixed-floats are better than floats if you have simple ranges like
[-1.0..1.0] in general).

- David