On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 12:22 PM, Sneha Gupta <snehagupta98...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Respected Sir/Madam,
>
> I am Sneha Gupta, an electronics and communication undergrad. I am in my
> second year at IIIT Dharwad. I am well aware of C++, HTML, CSS, JavaScript,
> jQuery, and currently learning ReactJs.

Yes, you are welcome to join the effort. I hope to be more active soon. If you
look at the Git repo, you will see the current state of the website

> Currently, the UI of FreeTypes is not very appealing and I feel like it needs
> a change in the website look. I am well versed with frontend technologies. I
> proposed an idea to rebuild the UI with reactjs.

The site should continue to work without JavaScript, so I would strongly be
against reactjs. It’s a read only site with no need for login or interaction.

However it is up to Werner, he has the final say. I am working on a Hugo
integration, which would make the site easier to edit and modify.

> And if Freetype is moving forward with this suggestion then I would love to
> work and contribute to it.

We would love to work with you!