Hi all,

FreeType has an API to retrieve the CID registry, ordering, and supplement;
FT_Get_CID_Registry_Ordering_Supplement(), but ftdump does not use it.

In traditional usecases of CIDKeyedFont 0 and 2, we don't have to use
FreeType to obtain ROS information, because they are often written in
the plain text part at the beginning of the font files. Also, the number
of glyphs is sufficiently informative to guess the ROS of the font file.

Recently I found that the max glyph index in maxp of some OpenType/CFF
is different from any of the defined Adobe specs (maybe their coverages are
subsets of the defined glyph collection). ftdump is not a font debugger,
but it would be much more helpful if it can dump the ROS info from
OpenType/CFF.

My preliminary patch is
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mpsuzuki/ft2demos-mps-wip/-/commit/aa425196385b6639616b18291c7aa3a6d865a760

Does such a feature in ftdump make sense? I hope to hear your comments.

Regards,
mpsuzuki