Hi

If you're talking about mmap(), yes my system has mmap, but I'll have to
check whether I have it enabled in my freetype build.  I notice that
freetype is reading little pieces of data, like a long here and there.  I
also see larger chunks of 4k being read, but ideally, I would like to have
everything in memory so that I don't need any calls to read() after some
initial read(s).  Perhaps, there's a way to prefetch entire font files?

If mmap() can be used to avoid small reads, I should probably investigate
how to make use of it.

Josh